Learning Center

Back to Learning Center
Motor Vehicle Services

As you probably already know, the department of motor vehicle is the department that takes care of a wide range of specifics related to your vehicle. A better option for most people is a third-party provider such as RL Jones Insurance and MVD services.

We offer a wide range of services such as:

  • Titles
  • Registrations
  • Vehicle Permits
  • Level I Inspections
  • Plate & Tag Renewals
  • Insurance Verifications
  • MVRs
  • Homemade Trailers
  • Mobile Homes
  • OHV
  • Special Plates
  • Driver License
  • Arizona ID
  • Driving Permits
  • Travel/Real ID
  • Notary

Taking Care of Your Insurance

At RL Jones Insurance you can now update your vehicle insurance information immediately. In case you prefer, you may also reinstate the vehicle registration.

In case you don't know, according to the Yuma department motor vehicles (Yuma DMV), the state of Arizona requires that all motor vehicles operated on roads need to be covered by liability insurance through a company that is authorized to do business in Arizona. Notice that this requirement also includes mopeds, motorcycles, and even golf carts. 

In addition, it is also important to notice that the minimum levels of financial responsibility are: 
$15,000 bodily injury liability for one person and $30,000 for two or more persons
$10,000 property damage liability

Insurance companies will be the ones to notify Yuma MVD (motor vehicle department) of all new policies, cancellations, and non-renewals. When your insurance company sends a notice to Yuma MVD stating that your policy is no longer active, MVD will send you an inquiry notice to verify insurance status. Notice that you always need to have proper insurance. When you fail to comply with this, you may get your vehicle registration or even your driver's license suspended.